Uncontested Divorce Costs
If your spouse still wants to fight over the dog or the dishes, this program is not for you; however, if you meet the jurisdictional requirements and your spouse will sign a waiver of service, you can get a quick, easy Virginia divorce.
Below is some general information regarding uncontested divorce. For more detailed information, we encourage you to contact us to schedule a consultation.
Fees And Costs
- $595, plus $91 filing fee
- Name Change $50, plus $21 filing fee
- We do offer select payment plans. However, all fees must be paid in full to begin the divorce process.
No Travel Required
- Most services can be accomplished by email, fax and phone. In most cases you will not need to go to court or even come to our offices in Richmond. We will handle everything for you.
- FerrisWinder, PLLC, handles divorces in both the Eastern and Western districts of Virginia.
- In Virginia, divorces can be filed in any jurisdiction, so long as it’s not objected to by the other party; and if your spouse is cooperating with the divorce, FerrisWinder, PLLC, can file your divorce in the Circuit Court for the City of Richmond. This allows our firm to process divorces from every jurisdiction in Virginia very quickly.
- There are several additional services that we offer: Separation agreements (PSA’s) when you want to work out division of property, debts, support, custody arrangements with your spouse by means of a notarized agreement, and name changes should you wish to resume the use of your maiden name.
Uncontested Separation Agreements
- $250 includes: one initial meeting to determine the division of assets, allocation of debts and what support/child custody terms that you and your spouse have agreed upon; one rough draft where you have the opportunity to make changes to the agreement; one final draft for you to present to your spouse; a final draft incorporating any changes that you and your spouse have agreed upon; and a meeting to execute the agreement.
This Is How We Do It:
- Call FerrisWinder, PLLC, at 804-767-1800 or email paralegal Cathy Wright by completing our contact form.
- You can get our simple questionnaire and retainer agreement online, by email, by regular mail, or in person at our office. We’re glad to set up a free consultation to answer your questions and make sure you qualify.
A divorce in Virginia can be quick, easy and amicable. With more than 35 years of combined legal experience, our team at FerrisWinder, PLLC, can help you reach the most efficient and effective resolution to your divorce.